The Delavan-Darien Band Boosters organization is comprised of parents and friends of Delavan-Darien School District band members who want to make a difference by supporting the district’s symphonic band and jazz programs.
The Delavan-Darien Band Boosters typically meet every first Wednesday of every month at 6:30 p.m. in the DDHS Band Room.
Jim Gornick, the DDHS Director of Bands, attends the meetings to answer questions and assist in planning for the district’s band and jazz program and program goals.
The short (about an hour or less), structured meetings focus on how the Booster’s organization can support upcoming program events and goals.
Parents and friends of the Delavan-Darien band program can help by:
- volunteering their time (setup events, handout uniforms, provide transportation assistance, etc.)
- fundraising (bake sales, sponsored events, etc.)
- marketing and advertising for the band program to create community awareness
- chaperone for band-related field trips and events (concerts, music festivals, etc.)
Some of the events the Band Boosters assist with include:
- the DDHS Bands and Jazz Pops Concert
- the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Honors Band Festival
- a Jazz Clinic at Badger High School in Lake Geneva
- an in-house clinic hosted by DDHS
- the UW-La Crosse Jazz Festival
- The DDHS Winter Orchestra and Band Concert
- the Marquette University Band Festival
- the DDHS “Hot Chili, Cool Jazz” Concert
For more information about joining the Band Boosters, contact: